Poll

Hoping someone could help me dates these duos.  Cup and saucer of one duo are both stamped TK Form Meissen, the other duo has a stamp on the plate only which is TK Czechoslovakia. Pics attached - value would be nice too as I have no idea, thanks, Kerry.

help wanted dating duos
0 (0%)
what relation to Meissen are they?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Help dating Demitasse duo marked TK Form Meissen - blue onion? pattern  (Read 1916 times)

gracemere

• View Profile
Sorry about the messages in all the wrong places, just getting used to using the site for the first time!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Help dating Demitasse duo marked TK Form Meissen - blue onion? pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:38:51 pm »
Here you go- It is from Count Thun Porcelain Factory. Your TK Czechoslovakia dates from 1918 to 1939. The TK Meissen seems to be the same company, if I'm understanding this information correctly. Not sure of that date on that one.

http://www.collectorscircle.com/bohemian/porcelain/marks_table1.html
Antiqueaholic in recovery

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:43:41 pm »
     If i remember my reading right, Meissen is about the most famous of the Blue Onion pattern, sometimes or originally called bulb I think.  I did notice under the Thun mark on the first one it says Form Meissen, maybe refer to a pattern or giving Meissen credit for the pattern but done by Count Thun.  Count thun being Czech and Messien being germany, they are kind of Sister and Brother.  The only true Meissen mark would be cross swords.  As for the date, Tales found the one, I would say the other is close to the same age, based on the other marks on the back.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:11:34 am »
Forgot to mention that part. Yup it is Blue Onion, but some companies use their own name for the same pattern, like Blue Danube. It's an old pattern that has been around for generations, since about 1740 when it was produce by Meissen. It was originally inspired by Chinese porcelains, they mistook the peach or pomegranate for an onion, and the name stuck. It's been my family's pattern for generations.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:13:24 am by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:08 pm »
My family has lots of Blue Onion pieces.  It is very collectible and popular with the ladies!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!