Author Topic: small nippon vase  (Read 1869 times)

kbot214

• View Profile
small nippon vase
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:17:18 pm »
Hi I bought a 5 inch nippon vase about ten years ago but cant find anything like it to compare it`s value to... Can you help?  Its an off white/ cream color with purple tiles under white flowers and a country looking background. There is also a blue design draped along the top just underneath the gold trim. it has 2 handles in gold and the green mark with a wreath and an M in the middle. I did look up the mark and it shows that it was made between 1890 and 1921. Im lost as to where to get answers.

syl

• View Profile
Re: small nippon vase
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:36:56 pm »
Hi, If you can provide pictures that would help. But go to Gotheborg.com and look up Noritake. That will answer a lot of your questions. The M stands for Morimura.

kbot214

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 05:16:07 am »
Thanks for answering my question... Im new to this site, found by luck...need help on how to add pictures please.. have a great day.

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:00:45 am »
At the top of the forum page there is a 'Sticky' that says 'Photos are important'. Click on that and see if it helps. You can also go to Replacements.com and see if you can find your piece there. Or something close to it. It may not be called a vase.