Author Topic: Silver Seafood? serving Dish  (Read 1469 times)

cacahill1979

• View Profile
Silver Seafood? serving Dish
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:43:22 am »
I found this dish at a thrift store and paid $3. I believe it is silver plated. The bottom is inscribed with the word Crescent, 3 symbols (what looks like an elephant, a "C", and a bird's head of some kind) and under that is a 12S. The glass bowl at the top comes off of the base. The feet of the bowl are fish, so i'm thinking it was used for seafood, maybe shrimp cocktail? I really just want to know what it was used for and a possible value.

Thanks!    :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Seafood? serving Dish
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:10:51 pm »
The price for Crescent is all over the board these days....don't know why.  This is a beautiful piece.  Holders for toothpicks, cocktail sauce  and serving tray.

Usually the feet are done of a dolphin!

Can't tell the condition of the silverplate from our pics....If a clean up reveals a really intact piece....$100+, if it not $30 - $45.

CRESCENT SILVERWARE MFG CO INC - Port Jervis, NY  Founded 1922. Moved to Port Jervis 1939. Sold to Samuel Kirk & Son Inc. in 1977

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »
Beautiful piece!! I would clean it  & use it. Would love to find one like it !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »
Seen quite a few shell trays, very popular item From late 1800's to Today.  I'm with Wendy on the great looking one, I have not yet seen one for oranate.   I would of payed at least 5 buck at the thrift store and feel really good about it.  Of course like KC mention based on condition.  I bet I could easy turn that item $15.00 easy, Excellent condition bet I could get $20.00.  Once again nice tray and great deal.