Author Topic: Ann Hill bowl? gold trimmed with flowers: pixs attached  (Read 1912 times)

Overloaded

• View Profile
Ann Hill bowl? gold trimmed with flowers: pixs attached
« on: November 25, 2009, 03:22:53 am »
Hi guys:

Am really frustrated with lack of information on antiques with the internet- My father swears he saw the "ann hill" signature on one bowl featured on antique roadshow but I yet haven't gotten any hits so I'm not sure if my dad misheard the name or something however he can't even remember what circa etc etc. We have too much things going on and I'm not an antique person. if its on ebay or google.com I can easily give my dad its history etc but this bowl is really stumping me.

any information on the bowl would be so much appericated with its history and estimated value

the gold trim seems to be faded in some edges but not chip or cracks anywhere- its in excellent condition besides the fading of the gold trim in some spots

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Ann Hill bowl? gold trimmed with flowers: pixs attached
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:02 am »
The Road show Archives, are not showing any Anna Hill Appraisal's UK E-bay has no mention of Anna Hill. The gold luster Dogwood pattern point's to england.
Foot note is Anna Hill was and Artist for Canterbury potterys of england can't confirm pottery date.
Maybe the others can kick in some info.

Overloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:06:31 pm »
Still have no idea, thanks D & B though, it did give me an idea what the flower patterning was and a direction to England. Been looking for several days around English antiques:  no success.

However the name is still obscure. Do you guys know what circa it might be due to the signature? most signatures had symbols or initials in it but not the full signature for older antiques than newer ones? or does it not matter?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »
It looks to be circa 1930's. the gold is very likely to be real. average value $35.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »
D&b, I have been looking around some and haven't found anything as well.  I was figuring 1930's to early 1940's along the same lines as you and was figuring $30.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Overloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 07:54:39 pm »
Still have no leads

no one still have heard about this- frustrating but how did you determine that it was worth 35 bucks anyhow?

waywardangler

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:17:21 pm »
The pricing from D&b and KC comes from years of experience, based on similar objects that have sold, and the market today for similar objects.