Author Topic: gold plated fish necklace  (Read 1746 times)

pilot2b

• View Profile
gold plated fish necklace
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:24:55 pm »
I received this fish necklace from my grandma's friend who was German and had brought the necklace with him from there.  I took it to a jeweler and they told me the fish itself is gold plated.  I am trying to figure out the history of a piece like this and what it might be worth.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pilot2b

• View Profile
Re: gold plated fish necklace
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:16:35 pm »
Of all the antique pieces I have received this has been the hardest one to find info about.  If anyone has any ideas on where or when this could have been made or its value.  I have searched online and haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar and the necklace doesn't have any sort of markings.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 06:12:26 am »
 :)I'am surprised the Girl's Have'nt chimed in on this. ;D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 09:50:36 am »
Jewelry is very difficult to track down with no signature!!! If you are sure it is from germany I would search older German companies and pieces they made to see if you can find a match. such as - Henkel & Grosse is a German company that has been around since 1907 and has made jewelry for Christian Dior.  This will take  many hours of research as I have researched many companies to find makers for many of my pieces.   Good luck. Let us know what you find!!!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:25:34 am »
I use to buy a lot costume jewelry. by the bag. flipped it at auction  surprised my own self. I believe your fish, is 1950's & likely would sell for $125.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 10:01:00 pm »
I was going to say my first impression was early 60's to early 70's. 

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!