Author Topic: Just wondering about a few items  (Read 1889 times)

Juztice

• View Profile
Just wondering about a few items
« on: March 13, 2010, 05:58:15 am »
This isnt an antique but it is one of a kind and dont know what it would be worth, It is a matryoshka doll of the 1995 Orlando Magic Starting line up, my wife got this from Russia in July of 1995, then i have what i think is antique but cant find anything about it, it says on the box " Set of 4 Cola Coasters Novel Bottle Jackets" its in an old lookin box and the the bottle jackets themselves are like little tuxedo's. Then i have my last thing i cant find anything about is 2 decks of cards in plastic inside of a SKAI-Hide Vinyl case with the score pad and gold plated pencil. Please let me know if anyone finds any information about these items or there value. Thank you. ;D

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Just wondering about a few items
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:31:03 am »
Welcome juztice, we really need photos of all pieces  all sides & any makers marks. Thanks

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:38 am »
Hi Justice.

This site deals with antiques (over 100 years of age) and vintage (at least 50 years of age).

However, being the snoop that I am and having some spare time....

Here is info on the Magic matryoshkas http://www.randlltd.com/index.php/cPath/1_26  Value $34

The coasters wouldn't be worth more than $15.

As for the other, have no idea without a picture.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Juztice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »
i thank u for the site you gave but my dolls are the 1995 starting line up, but i do appreciate it very much

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 04:30:28 pm »
Juztice, I don't believe that they are of great wealth at this point.  You may try further research referring to them as nesting dolls, Babushka dolls in addition to Matryoshka dolls.

I have searched as much as I can (an avid fan of the Magics from the beginning myself - especially when Pat Williams was with them (He and previous wife Jill adopted children at the same time my family did and was acquainted with her).

I don't believe these are in high demand. A souvenir.  By the time they are vintage (50 years old) they may be worth more.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!