Author Topic: Collection of bar mirrors  (Read 1841 times)

Eteyos

• View Profile
Collection of bar mirrors
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »
Hello I have searched for all of these but can not find most of them.  A couple I have found some I can only find an image and a couple I can not find any mention of like the killians red sign.  Any help with how much they are worth would be awesome :)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Collection of bar mirrors
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 10:02:10 pm »
   You from the Pacfic NW, Yakima Red is a local brew from our neck of the woods.  I'm sure not the expert in beer memoriblia, but I would say most printed mirrors are silk screened by various print shops around the nation.  Much like lots of the work I do, just prints.  Breweries will contract these items out for distro to various bars.  So to find the manufacture, History, and cir. would be very difficult.  As for value, your best place to establish this would be local pubs, Ask your friend the bartender what they would be willing to pay.  I would guess you would be looking at 20 to 40 bucks a piece, but that would just be a guess.  Ebay would be very hard, based on size shipping cost and general fragility of the items.  Again I am in no way a expert, just wandered if you were here in the N.W. and the rest just followed  ;D.

P.S.  Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting 

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:27 am »
I believe you will have to set your own price on those "beer" mirrors because there is really no active "selling, buying or trading" in them whereas one could give you an average selling price.

They are sought after by some bar and club owners like Ironlord said but the biggest market for them are the "sports fans" who are decorating up their gamerooms and/or sportsroom in their homes. Thus, if you are wanting to sell them,  I suggest you also run a "For Sale" ad in your local paper or Trader's Guide if there is one published in your area.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

Chinese Antique Furniture

• View Profile
    • Chinese Antique Furniture Shop
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 10:38:24 am »
Bar mirrors are not my thing, but these sure are beauties!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:57:09 am »
Have to agree with you there CAF. Love the Killian's one myself.

Eteyos, that last link I gave you has another page with a list of many more mirrors/signs that you can scan through.  It will
tell you if they are available as well as the price.

http://www.neonsign.com/eng_mirrors.html

Found a pic of your Killian's (it's Irish) there, their price $179

http://www.neonsign.com/mirrors/killiansstainedglassmirror.html

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:35:42 pm »
LeRous Schnapps - The Leroux Liqueur Company started in Brussels, Belgium. After prohibition began operating the Lerous & Co. Inc. in Philadelphia. Owned by Seagrams by 1940 (web site says acquired 1960s. = on the books).
Steinlager Beer - http://cgi.ebay.com/STEINLAGER-BEER-MIRROR-SEND-YOUR-OFFER-FOR-ANYTHING_W0QQitemZ260388690913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca0601be1
Stroh Beer - Detroit Michigan  http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=stroh+Beer+mirror
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!