Author Topic: When is this picture from?  (Read 7368 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: When is this picture from?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »
Have you tried taking the photo out of the frame and looking at the back of the actual photo? You might see something (like a studio name, a signature etc.) There might be some other tell-tale signs of age that reveal themselves when you remove it. The mat or photo may show some signs of long-term exposure to light.

The wet sand under the girls feet makes me think this isn't a posed modern studio nostalgia print. It looks like it goes back all the way to the guys standing behind them, that they are not a studio background. The hair styles are throwing me too... but I'm not ready to write this one off just yet. :)
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Vrillon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:00 pm »
Have you tried taking the photo out of the frame and looking at the back of the actual photo? You might see something (like a studio name, a signature etc.) There might be some other tell-tale signs of age that reveal themselves when you remove it. The mat or photo may show some signs of long-term exposure to light.

The wet sand under the girls feet makes me think this isn't a posed modern studio nostalgia print. It looks like it goes back all the way to the guys standing behind them, that they are not a studio background. The hair styles are throwing me too... but I'm not ready to write this one off just yet. :)

Thing is, how is the boots they wear so clean? I am not going to swear this is studio made, but it does give that presence that it is, what is that girl on the right standing on?

it still throws me off due to the trophy being held to, but their is definately something not right about the girl on the right who holding the trophy to, thats what kind of has me thrown off.

But I am not sure on where the studio background is if their is one, but it does look like the far background looks like a background from a studio, it just doesnt have that focus and its as if the flash from the camera blurred it out.

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

Good eye TOT7S.

Hosman321, Would it screw anything up taking the backing off? I cant tell by the photo.
Also, now that you have possesion can you determine if the glass has slight imperfections?
I'm dying to know if there any are more clues that will tell what's up.

I have to agree with your thinking on cool old frame Hosman321.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 11:39:43 pm »
Actually reminds me of pictures you would see posted along the boardwalks at the beach. 

They had famous boardwalks in California, Florida, Atlantic City, etc......
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:49 pm »
Two of 'em in this area, Playland at the Beach was up near San Francisco, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is still here, 50 miles to the south of SF. They have a great gallery of old photos like this.
Antiqueaholic in recovery