Author Topic: My recent trade  (Read 1636 times)

Buddie11

• View Profile
My recent trade
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:03 pm »
Hi, all if you guys can remember a recent post I had recently of a box that bigwull said was a whetstone box that I no longer own. Traded it today for a 1937 tube radio that I find very cool,but needs work. Does anybody know if batteries are still available for these? Do you think I did ok on trade? I find this much more interesting than that box!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: My recent trade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »
It will all depend on what you paid for the box...as to weather..you,ve done ok..as for getting batteries..we,ll need to know the voltage
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »
I paid nothing for the box,and from the post I made everybody thought it was a reproduction intended to look old,not much value. As for batteries see pic.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:44:27 pm »
are you sure its a radio...and not a homemade..bomb...ma squerading as a radio... ;D..as for the batt, 4.5v...you should be able to get the equivalent
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:48:11 pm »
http://www.radioatticarchives.com/masterlist.htm
This site has several pics of restored Arcadia radios !! Didn`t know the serial number of yours to look and see if any were like it !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 02:08:28 pm »
Most of those old "farm radios" required 3 batteries, each with a different voltage. A "A" battery with 1.5 volts, a "B" battery with 90 volts, and a "C" battery. Hooking anything else up will fry the tubes.
If you are handy with electronics you can build a "battery eliminator"...but the easiest would be to trade into an old 110V radio, if you can. ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »
There are many restoration sites that could help you !!  I think you did well on the trade !! Justb needs a little elbow grease !!