Author Topic: Vintage Signage - LARGE.  (Read 1008 times)

phunlee

• View Profile
Vintage Signage - LARGE.
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »
I have two vintage signs 16 feet by 8 feet tall and 16 feet by 10.5 feet tall. The signs are dismantled and come off of a hundred year old building that covered them in siding (protecting them from the elements.) They're in very good shape - antiquely speaking.

Can anyone point me in the direction of value or sellers?
Also, any suggestions on shipping this kind of item?

I have attached a photo of the signs that shows when we discovered them hidden under siding.

We are a non-profit community center trying to raise funds.

THANK YOU!!  :)

waywardangler

Re: Vintage Signage - LARGE.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »
WOW!  I would think an interior design firm that does work for clients such as restaurants, clothing stores, etc. would be in the market or have a client in mind.  TGI Fridays and others are decorated in such a manner but your signs are much larger than they use.  We have a restaurant close that is an old railroad building and it is called the Freighthouse.  It has some absolutely huge railway signs in their interior because they have the wall space and atmosphere to display them.

I would think another venue would be an auction house that deals with country store advertising.  If you are close to a metropolitan area, a market should be available.  If you have to ship these,freight would be the only way to do it and you would have to have them crated for protection.