Author Topic: ANTIQUE DOUBLE ROUND THEO A KOCHS BARBER CHAIR  (Read 2336 times)

agreeneyes

ANTIQUE DOUBLE ROUND THEO A KOCHS BARBER CHAIR
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:27:00 am »
Well I'm back again asking the experts, you've always come through in the past so I'm hoping you can help me with this antique barber chair.  This was purchased about 10 years ago from an antique dealer who also stated he used to be Elvis's karate instructor, he has since passed away.  He had all kinds of pictures in his store of him and Elvis together so I believed what he was saying.  He also stated this used to be Elvis's barber chair.  I've tried to research this and have been unable to locate any pictures.  This is a double round barber chair made by Theo A Kochs Company out of Chicago, it appears to have been reupholstered with red velvet.  I do believe the original had leather upholstery.  It has the headrest and the strap, it does have some chips in the porcerlain but considering the age of the chair it's in overall good condition.

I was wondering if you could tell me the exact age of the chair and if the story about this being Elvis's chair could at all be true and what the value of a barber chair like this would be.  Thank you again for all of your help and information

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: ANTIQUE DOUBLE ROUND THEO A KOCHS BARBER CHAIR
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:47:08 am »
Welcome back agreeneyes!  Kind of a hard item to document without pics. Don't know if this link will have any names
familiar to you or that you could check out........

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presley-Elvis-562/2008/8/Barber.htm

agreeneyes

Re: ANTIQUE DOUBLE ROUND THEO A KOCHS BARBER CHAIR
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:22:59 pm »
thank you, I'll email them I appreciate any information given