Author Topic: Telephone  (Read 2243 times)

Martilee

• View Profile
Telephone
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:53 pm »
I have this telephone which I find very facinating, After hours of google and searching the web I have found no info on it. Only thing I know about it is I was told they were used in hotel lobbies but as to the age or worth or any other info I am at a loss.

waywardangler

Re: Telephone
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:12:44 pm »
I would try Phoneco.  They deal in phones of all ages and would be able to help you out.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

Martilee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:21 pm »
Thank you, ya'll are great help. Atleast I'm getting a little closer to finding out what this is. I sent a email to phoneco also.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:30:44 pm »
Unfortunately items like this aren't retaining values like they have in the past due to the economy.  Have seen them selling between $75 to $125
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Martilee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »
I'm more into the "neatness" factor of antiques though it is nice to see what they might be worth. Also have some old radios and a singer sewing machine that is just so ornate with all the painting on the machine it is very nice. Love the way things used o be built when people took pride in the design and the craftsmanship.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 09:49:40 pm »
One difficulty you may encounter , if you're selling your item , is the missing mouthpiece & speaker diaphram .

It can be like trying to sell a car that's missing the drivers' door .... (at least to some buyers) ...

I agree with KCs' current price-estimate , for complete units (working or not) .

Welcome to the forum , by the way , Martilee .
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:57:52 pm by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 09:56:22 pm »
Agree Martilee.....we all have a hankering for the "neatness" of things in days gone by!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:00 pm »
Yup that neatness thing is real obsession. The only way to explain it to your significant other is to tell him/her that in a past life you were born in another place and time and you're just trying to get all your stuff back, LOL!
Antiqueaholic in recovery