Author Topic: Eastman Kodak camera, with interesting history...I need to know it's worth!  (Read 8234 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Wondering if this ancestry account of Minna Wilson might be another clue?

http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/a/l/Scott-P-Hall/FILE/0001text.txt

"1.  Minna Vivian Wilson, born October 16, 1939 in Washington, D.C..  She was the daughter of 2. Charles Richard Wilson and 3. Minna Rozetta Cannon.  She married (1) William Harvey Hall, M.D. June 22, 1963 in Fairfax, Virginia.  He was born October 18, 1935 in New York, New York.  He was the son of Harvey Hall and Mary Emily Praeger Allen."

sapphire

• View Profile
If the above link is going in the right direction then here is another (likely current) generation .......

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dantrogers/pafg2568.htm#51268      

Check last three entries.

Edited to add another link........

Starting at Generation 10
(continues on to include the birth of a son to Scott Hall in 2000)

http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/a/l/Scott-P-Hall/FILE/0003text.txt

Really hoping these are linked to the right Harvey Hall......would be incredible if you were able to trace that camera to his family.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:14:59 am by sapphire »

sapphire

• View Profile
OK, ignore those last posts......pretty sure I got the wrong Harvey Hall  :(
Was trying to track him using his wife, Mary E.  Guess more than one Harvey married
a Mary.  ;)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Yeah I got sidetracked too by a Harvey E Hall and Mary E Hall living in Onieda NY. They appear on the census records but their dates are way too early (Harvey b. 1944) and they lived too long (1930 census) to be the same Harvey. I had hoped these would turn out to be his parents, but I couldn't find a matching son named Harvey. There might be more thorough pension information on Footnote.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

sapphire

• View Profile
Any idea around what decade he would have been born to have served in 1919? I've heard of some awfully young 'boys' enlisting but that's more likely a rarity then the norm. The Harvey I was looking at would only have been around 15 and found a full bio on him (US Navy) through the Arlington cemetery.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
15 would be awfully young to be married also. Not impossible, but young nonetheless. Did the bio you found match the military records? With Monroe NY and a perfect match on the name, It does look like the right military record, so the Arlington bio should match the military service cards if it is the same Harvey.

sapphire

• View Profile
This is the Harvey Hall that matches up with the links I posted earlier.  Think it would be too good to true.......haven't tried to correspond any dates and there is no mention of earlier service than WWII. Unless it was a very short stint then on to college  ::)

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/harvey-hall.htm
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:08:40 pm by sapphire »

Julekpl

• View Profile
This might be him...it says he did teach in New York, and the camera says "Monroe N.Y" but the last name "Hall" is and was very common. But still...so he would be in the YMCA in France at the age of 15? During ww1?

sapphire

• View Profile
I don't know if he was 'in' the YMCA, rather the YMCA was known (from what I've recently read) for relief camps and support for troops
and were likely in Brest for the troops arrivals. The pamphlet you have looks to have been distributed to personnel to orient them and
offer services.

Julekpl

• View Profile
yeah that's true...gosh I hate looking for people with common names....

sapphire

• View Profile
And to make it even more mind boggling......found a Harvey E. Hall listed from Wilmington, Delaware.  Not being greatly familiar with US
geography, all I know is it's relatively close to NY.

Apparently this site gives some of the Wilmington history from 1937 onwards. No indication of a date when this 'store' was in existence.

Under Appliance/Repair Stores....

http://www.oldwilmington.net/oldwilmington/stores.htm

Now are you thoroughly befuddled???  :D

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
The Arlington Harvey Hall can't be the same as the Harvey E. Hall in the military records, which match the camera. That Harvey E. Hall leaves his wife Mary E. Hall a WIDOW on the pension record in 1920. He died long before the man at Arlington.

sapphire

• View Profile
I wonder if there's any way to trace military deaths from USMC from that time period?  I gave it a try and came up with zip.  :(

Finally, I see a use for Social Insurance Numbers.  ;)