Author Topic: Item #2 of 4, old office chair.  (Read 1665 times)

Omega Entity

• View Profile
Item #2 of 4, old office chair.
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »
Here is an old office chair, steel-base with casters. The identifying name is covered up by the stain, with only -Burg Inc. legible. It also has a metal tag, identifying it as belonging to the Leo Burnett Co. at some point, item number 9739. I didn't get measurements, unfortunately, though it seems like your average chair.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:10:51 pm by Omega Entity »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Item #2 of 4, old office chair.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:11:08 am »
IN my neck-o-the-woods these chairs don't sell for much...they are usually very heavy and bulky.  Most people are looking for ultra basic and light weight chairs or ornate ones (and willing to pay for it).

This would go for $25 - $45 in my area. (Southern US)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

chigato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:02:26 pm »
Finally a chance to add my 2 cents worth. That chair does not belong to that base. The chair is from the 1920's up until the 50's. The base was matching wood with a spring adjustment and on casters that usually don't survive. The base is worth more than the chair because it is retro or industrial art, like steelcase co., etc. It could be from the 1930's,40's or 50's. Strictly an opinion based on my limited knowledge, but somehow it just popped out because something isn't right. Look for a manufacturers' name on the base.

chigato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:08:20 pm »
Sorry, I just saw the original post. Leo Burnett occupied a lot of space perhaps several floors( not quite sure how much), in the Prudential Building in downtown Chicago, and started his advertising company during the depression. He always handed out an apple to visitors. When I was in college I actually went to their headquarters which was still in the Prudential Building and there was still the tradition of the apples, (they were delicious too). They were famous for some classic commercials and their PR person introduced me to the creator of Charlie the tuna. I was thrilled.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 06:43:02 pm »
Great little story , chigato .

Small world , huh ?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »
Thanks for the history chigato!  Good times!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!