Author Topic: Bell & Howell Camera Lense - Appraisal?  (Read 1570 times)

Loppyfoot

• View Profile
Bell & Howell Camera Lense - Appraisal?
« on: June 20, 2010, 03:08:05 pm »
Hey folks,

I recently bought a Paillard-Bolex C8, 8mm Camera (1954) with a Bell & Howell Lense.  (I paid $5.00 for everything).  Now I don't think the actual Bolex camera body is worth more than about $15-25, but I can't seem to find this specific lense, or a value for it anywhere.

I was hoping someone could help me find a value for the lense, or at least some information on it.

Here are some specs:
The front screw on lense cap says: Bell & Howell
On the body, it says it was made by: Taylor, Taylor & Hobson
Size: 4.5
1.5 Inch with focal length of 1.9
No. 548509 (I don't think this is a part #, but rather I think it is the number lense that was manufactured by Taylor Hobson.
It also says, Pat.App.For at the "bottom" portion of the lense.

That is all the information that is on the lense.  I have attached a couple photos to give you a better idea of the size and appearance.

Thanks for your help.  

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:49:11 pm by Loppyfoot »

pokermike4283

• View Profile
Re: Bell & Howell Camera Lense - Appraisal?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:24 am »
If you have questions regarding vintage Bell + Howell product such as projectors/8mm or 16mm cameras or other older audio/video equipment, you can contact a dealer who specializes in these products.
Contact AMR in Long Beach, California at 562-295-6117 and ask for Marla or via email at serviceandsupport@live.com.

Side Note: This was pulled off of the Bell + Howell website, in the vintage product repair tab.
Michael L. Carroll