Author Topic: Question on these 3 ladderback chairs  (Read 1734 times)

pokermike4283

• View Profile
Question on these 3 ladderback chairs
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:48:59 am »
So I came upon these chairs someone is selling online and I'm very interested in buying them.  I don't know if they are real or reproduction and when, if real, they may have been made.  The person selling them is asking for $50 for all 3 and I don't know if that is a good deal or not.  I was thinking $35-$40 myself.  When I say this picture of the chairs, I absolutely fell in love with them and knew I just had to have them.  Who may have made them and what makers' marks should I be looking for?  I'm going this Thursday to look at them and most likely buy them.  I don't want to restore them, unless you think I should.  I do appreciate any and all help that anyone here could offer me and I will be here to stay as I like this site.  Thanks again!!

Side Note:  The one in the middle seems to be taller and made in a slightly different style than the other 2.  Would this be an earlier piece and what kind of info would you guys have on that one?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:17:58 am by pokermike4283 »
Michael L. Carroll

luxetveritas

• View Profile
Re: Question on these 3 ladderback chairs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:52 am »
Nice chairs! I'd say that none of them are reproductions- all from 1900-1940 at the latest. $50 sounds reasonable, but you may be able to bargain it down a bit.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:38:38 pm »
Keep in mind. your buying 3 different chair's. they would make great corner chairs but certainly' not in demand. the chair on my left is a shaker in design worth the $ 50.00 Dollars.

pokermike4283

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:34:24 pm »
I'm not buying these chairs to resell them but for the fact that I do like them.  Certainly, they are not rare but thats' ok with me.  I was just hoping to get some more info on when they may have been made and their current price range.  I do appreciate what has been said so far and thank you for it. 
Michael L. Carroll