Author Topic: Help please before I am diagnosed an insomniac, a divorced one at that!  (Read 2131 times)

snozzle

• View Profile
I have recently aquired a set of 4, what I can only describe as quarter
circle tables.

I have through research come to the conclusion that they are Regency or
maybe Sheraton style, I can't find any thing similar despite  looking at
about a million write-ups and photo's of corner tables; demilune; consul
tables etc.

They have green leather tops, I assume they are mahogany. Each has 3 reeded
legs with arrow feet and an extra arrow foot beneath the shelf/base.

There's probably more but the photo's show exactly what they are and I'm
sure someone out there will know, I just hope they can inform me before my
imminent divorce.....

cogar

• View Profile
I am curious as to whether those "corner tables" were sold as a "set of 4" or whether someone just bought 4 of them to make a "round" coffee table out of.

Doing so would be ideal for a small efficiency apartment. One could normally use them as a coffee able and then as individual serving tables when company comes.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Closest thing I've found yet.........

http://www.sheryls-artdeco.com/furn13.html

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Theres no particular Design or style, to your tables. just the whim's of a designer & manufacturer. they look to have been used in a large Hotel chain.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Reminds me of the style I would see in Florida and California from the 50's to 60's.  They were a twist on a nesting table - multifunctional - and ideal for those who had social events (card night).  Could be used as a large table when combined and then scattered across the room to accommodate a large group!  More often saw wooden tops...but the leathered tops were there as well for the "in" and "modern" "hip" and "keeping up with the Jones".

These didn't stay as popular because the traditional nesting table (2 - 3 smaller tables would fit in under a main table) were still more desirable because they took up less space.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Reminds me of the low Chinese round tables where the seats are under the table (but it's not of course!  ;) )

Antiqueaholic in recovery