Author Topic: Help! I'm looking for a library card catalog!  (Read 1084 times)

DonMcCoy

• View Profile
Help! I'm looking for a library card catalog!
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
Hello everyone,

My name is Don. Some one very dear to me's school (private school) recently shut down. She was the librarian, and she's very passionate about her work. She is very sad right now. Her birthday is this Sunday (7/18), and I want to get her a library card catalog to lift her spirits. It doesn't have to be gigantic, or in great condition. It can look used, and can either be a very small (4 drawers) to sit on a desk, table, or shelf, or a medium sized one. I don't need anything gigantic. Even if I don't get any leads by Sunday, and you're reading this, I would love to get her one in the future. Thank you for your time, and I appreciate any suggestions. If for some reason I don't get any e-mail notifications on any replies, please e-mail me at mccoy2797@hotmail.com : )

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Help! I'm looking for a library card catalog!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 03:39:44 pm »
Hi Don,

Well, we've got a lovely one up for grabs on our local Craigslist. If you want to shell out the bucks to the seller, I would be happy to help if I can on this end, since it is not far from my work.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/atq/1838080939.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:43:05 pm by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Help! I'm looking for a library card catalog!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:28 am »
Try and craigslist for your area.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fine-Antique-Library-Index-Card-Wood-File-Cabinet-Box-/190417850112?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Antiques_Furniture&hash=item2c55c9cf00

Put wooden desktop library card file as a search and it will bring up lotsa' possibilities!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!