Author Topic: Strange Question.  (Read 9133 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Strange Question.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 09:18:25 pm »
Dang, I want that one too! So far away. :(
I wrote the people with the pink cabinet. Checked our bank account a minute ago and we got an unexpected huge amount of money from the VA for back pay we didn't know we had. Guess it's a lucky day.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:40 pm »
Awesome!  A double treat  ;)

And don't worry about the distance, daughter coming home from BC for a wedding. I'll squeeze it into a super size suitcase and she can haul it back out there.  Just be a short hop over the border for you then :D

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:50 pm »
That'd be one mighty heavy suitcase. :)
I've never been to Canada. What part are you in? Have you ever been to Washington?

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 09:41:50 pm »
Other side of the continent from you, in Nova Scotia (head to Bangor or Portland and hang a right  :D).  Three of the kids live 'up' from you in BC (Vancouver). My daughter keeps bugging me to take a trip down to Seattle ....... says I have to see it! They fly me out every summer to visit.  This year it'll be fall before I get there, she's home for a wedding in August and wants her younger sister to make the trip with me.....determined she's going to get her hooked on the West Coast and moved out there too.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 10:08:57 pm »
   Yea sapphire once you come to the Emerald city it is very hard to leave, espically when you are from Kansas like me  :D   Tried going back to Kansas a couple of times but keep finding my way back here.  Yea you would love it here, come for a visit some time.  We don't have the Antiques like the east or midwest, but what shows up at our thrift stores and Rummage sales are wonderful treasures.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
Agree with ironlord, the Great Northwest is a beautiful place. I've thought of leaving but I can't bring myself to do it. The mild weather is great. I love "The Mountain." Washingtonians feel like it's theirs and in my opinion it's the most beautiful mountain on the continent. I'm closer to Mount Rainier than Seattle is, so everyday I get to see it no matter where I am. If I'm ever feeling down, I take a drive up there and suddenly you feel so small in the world and you feel like your problems are so insignificant. Definitely worth a trip for you. Our history isn't as rich as the Northeastern states but the area makes up for it with natural beauty. I'd love to go to Canada, Canadians just seem so laid back and polite. :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:01 am »
Truly enjoying this thread!  Great sleuthing and chatting!!!!!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:13 pm »
I'd love to go to Canada, Canadians just seem so laid back and polite. :)

Thank you hosman for that lovely compliment to us Canucks!  Wish you could have been with me at the grocery store today. While holding my wallet in one hand and placing my emptied basket out of the way under the counter, a dime popped out of the hole in the side of my coin slot.  The nice lady behind me bent over immediately to retrieve it from beside my foot, taking enough time to check it's 'value' right before she gently placed it in her own wallet for safe keeping.  I, in the true friendly Canadian way, turned to smile at her while commenting "guess I should be glad I didn't drop a twenty".   

Like all countries and cultures.........it takes all kinds (and don't mess with people who have spent most of their life in the service industry)  ;)

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 11:56:14 am »
My two cents about Canada & it's citizens is that all my trips 'up north' have been positive experiences .

I have found it strangely similar to crossing the border from Mexico into the U.S., in consideration of the facts that: Canadian cities are considerably 'cleaner' than U.S. cities , where we've slowly become numb to all the litter on our streets.

Having been in many Canadian cities & towns, I am always a bit fascinated at how many folks don't lock their doors.
I have also witnessed a few street scenes that seemed like they came straight out of "Trailerpark Boys", but nothing like the things witnessed in the U.S.

On the whole, I have found Canadians to be much more friendly, polite/civil & engaging (and less fearful) than many of their counterparts south of their border!

I suppose that I should confess that I frequently use the words "aboot" & "eh", when up in BC (& avoid using the term "Frost-backs" when discussing immigration).

:) :) :) :) :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:58:26 am by Sara Finn »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:40 pm »
LOVE CANADA AND CANADIANS.

Can honestly say I love the deep south hospitality and the extreme north hospitality as well!!!!

Sara Finn, how do you now that they don't lock their doors?  (LOL)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 01:42:05 pm »
Note to self:  Start locking the doors!!  :o

:D

That is too funny though. I know so many people who never give a second thought to locking their house up when going out.......but double check to make sure the shed is locked.  Gotta protect those ATV's.  ;)

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:16 pm »
KC- I was visiting a friend in Saskatoon, just sitting down having a cup of tea together & a stanger just walked in the flat.
I thought "Who the Hell is that?!", while my Canadian counterpart said :"Oh, hi there. Who you lookin' for eh?", (the guy had the wrong address) which sparked a conversation between us aboot locking doors.

A couple more friends dropped in & the consensus was something along the lines of "Well, if they want to come in,they will. Why should I have to pay to fix a broken door or window?".

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 08:16:05 am »
Just wanted to comment that I have seen a few people use shabby chic picket fencing mounted on the wall above a bed like a headboard. It would look really cute over a pair of twin beds if you have a couple of three foot long sections.
Antiqueaholic in recovery