Author Topic: Antique Clock 3  (Read 1873 times)

hawaiicjo

• View Profile
Antique Clock 3
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:54:43 pm »
I do not know anything about this clock. But want to sell it. My grandfather had a makeshift clock shop out in his workshop and has passed away. my mother wants me to sell it to someone else that will enjoy it in the way he did. BUT i have no idea how much it is worth. DO YOU KNOW? there are 3 clocks i am wondering about.. I had to put them in 3 different threads due to the size of the pictures.. if you need more pictures just ask

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Antique Clock 3
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:56:57 am »
hawaiicjo, you should either "edit" all 3 of your clock posts or add a "reply" to each one of them and give the size measurements of the clocks, ...... any names that are on the fronts of them, ...... and any names, etc. that are on the clock mechanism itself, ........ etc., etc., so that a viewer knows something about them, otherwise it will be extremely difficult to offer any sensible opinion on them. cheers

CollectorsOnlineMall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:39:27 pm »
Your clocks are very nice.   I only see one with the makers name - Seth Thomas, and as these belonged to a clockmaker, I agree with a previous comment that you have to check to see if all the parts are original.

Open the backs and get out a manifying lense.   See whose name is on the movements of the clocks.   Then look up their clocks and see if the faces match. 

Also, I don't think you mentioned if these were all working.   Aside from oiling with clock oil - don't try to fix them yourself unless you have experienced.   You will just do more damage and could even hurt yourself with the coils.

colonel64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 12:20:26 pm »
It looks like a Sessions Regulator clock.

JCDaily

• View Profile
    • Stalking the Belle Epoque
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 03:00:56 pm »
I agree with colonel64, it does appear to be a Sessions.  It's certainly American.  The above advice is spot-on.  I'd bet that some of the parts are replacement.  It's not a terribly unusual clock, but there's a buyer for everything.  It's quite attractive.
Follow me at http://stalkingthebelleepoque.blogspot.com to join me on my journey through the world of antiques, art, film, literature and cuisine as I search for all things gracious, grand and glorious.