Author Topic: Please help identify an Etched Antique Pitcher & Glass Set  (Read 2239 times)

lewmel

• View Profile
Please help identify an Etched Antique Pitcher & Glass Set
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:44:28 am »
I picked this set up a yard sale.  The owner told me it was her grandmothers and thought it was from the 1940's.
It is have beautiful etched flowers. There is one pitcher and 6 glasses.   Does anyone know anything about this set.   Hopefully the maker!
Thanks for the Help!

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Please help identify an Etched Antique Pitcher & Glass Set
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48:57 am »
Alright Ironlord1963, you're the glass man. Hope you can help out! Great set by the way! Hopefully you got a great deal.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »
Nice.  Can we get a good pic of the Etched Pattern.  My first Guess would be Cambridge, Then Maybe Fostoria, Would have to see the pattern to be sure.  The stem may give me a clue, when I get home from work I will check out my books.  A good set like this will start around $50.00 in value, easy $30.00 on Ebay, if we can get the pattern you may be dipping into the $$$.00 a bit.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »
   It appears what you have is a Cambridge Wildflower 3121, There are several Wildflower patterns but by the stem and the look It does look to be a wildflower.  It is for sure a Cambridge It is there stem.  I need to look a bit more on the Pitcher though.  Appears to have some difference to the pattern, are the patterns the eact same on the pitcher as the glasses?    I did see 5 of these stemware glasses on ebay with 8 bids and just over $31.00.   Wildflower pattern began in the 1935 and was made throughout the 40's and 50's.  Hope all this helps, sure help me a bit, I now know what a cambridge Wildflower Stemware looks, Wait.  I think I have a creamer with the wildflower pattern.  I have to go check that out.  Thanks for the post   

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »
   Sure enough I had a Sugar and Creamer that was a Cambridge Wildflower, Sold them a few weeks back on E-bay for $15.00.  Does this look anything like your wildflower Stemware?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »
Sorry to keeping bumping in on this one, but after looking around you may have a Rose point Pitcher.  I've included a crop of that image, This part looks like it may be a rosepoint.  Is this pattern on the Stemware, or is the Stemware pattern more like the Creamer and Sugar.  Cambridge did use the same blank stems and produce different patterns on the same stems,  I'm Guessing at wildflower because of the stem, it appears in two of my books with that stem.  I did not find that stem on the Rose Point though.   Both the Wildflower and rosepoint was very popular patterns, many was made for many years, but they are still moderatly sought after.  However that Pitcher now that I look around could be a gem in itself.  I will look a bit more, but I would now say the pitcher alone would be a easy $50.00 on ebay, means is really worth $75.00 to $100.00, but let me dig a bit more before I commit to that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:18:25 pm by ironlord1963 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »
I was betting Rose Point.

The best way to photograph a glass is with the flash turned off.  Place on a darker background or put a dark piece of cloth inside to set off the design.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54:33 pm »
Good Point KC, I saw that the first time a few weeks ago, with Placing the cloth inside, I need to start doing that. only took me 25 years of photography and the Antique forum to teach me that one  ;).   

lewmel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:09:46 am »
Let me just say, That you guys are awesome!
ironlord1963, it is the exact pitcher that you posted a picture of.  And the glasses also have the "rose point" pattern on them. It is a beautiful set that I picked up for 20 bucks at a yard sale.  Thanks so much for identifying it! 

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 10:46:46 am »
Job well done , ironlord1963 !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "