Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Chinese Bronze  (Read 2420 times)

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
Need Help Identifying Chinese Bronze
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:38:13 am »
I could use some help identifying this Chinese Bronze piece. I traded years ago some of my art pieces in exchange for some Chinese bronzes. A few of these were included. On one piece he had the label and price but the writing is so tiny,I can not make out his handwriting. What I can make out it says "Chinese Bronze T....... " I can not make out the letters after the T. It is either  T ollle or T urrlie. C.1799 and then the price. Difficult to research the piece when I can not read the rest of what it is. Hoping someone here is familiar and could help me out as to what it was on the label. The piece is about an inch and half.

Sorry for the poor pictures.I am in desperate need of a new camera. Any advice or information is appreciated. Many thanks again!

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
Re: Need Help Identifying Chinese Bronze
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:39:20 am »
Couple More Shots.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:48:12 am »
What are the size of these items?   Sure look like some kind of Finale, Post top, etc.  But I assume the bottoms are soild and not hole in them.  Maybe just a paper weight.

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
Only an inch and a half. May be small but solid and pretty heavy for it's small size.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:55:50 am »
Is there a hole in the top? Maybe some kind of tassel or part of one? Like for heavy curtains?
Similar to this...
http://store.nexternal.com/fiddle/images/bronze-lg1.jpg
Is tassel the missing word?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:03:38 am by hosman321 »

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:00:23 am »
Nope. No hole. Trying to figure out what the writing the original owner had on it. Tiny hand writing. Trying to look it up to do some research and I have a feeling whatever the word that starts  with T is will be a major clue. Many thanks!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:10:52 am »
Maybe I'm a little crazy this mornin', havin' a bad day lol. But the pics do appear to show a hole or "loop" at the top. Are you sure there isn't one? ???

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:03 pm »
Sorry. I misunderstood. I assumed you meant a hole like to fill in. There is a loop if you wanted to wear as a pendant but it would be really heavy. May have been attached to something like a weight. The other bronzes I purchased were of figures and animals so I assumed this was something like that. Many thanks again and sorry for not understanding.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 02:16:47 pm »
Thanks for clarifying the loop....I was ready to go get my trifocals updated!

Brings to mind how some large tapestry-type hangings would be weighted so as not to flap with wind/breezes......
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!