Author Topic: FRANCISCAN WARE DESERT ROSE USA PIECES  (Read 1719 times)

FancyIdeas

• View Profile
FRANCISCAN WARE DESERT ROSE USA PIECES
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:54:24 pm »
Once again, I discovered some 'goodies' while going through my Mother's things.  I think that this is NOT the forum to inquire about 'Desert Rose' - but if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  I have 12-14 odds and ends including a domed lid with vent hole, individual sugar and cream, individual coffee pot and other things.  I'm interested in their sale value.  Any help would be appreciated.   I can send photos - but wasn't sure if 'this was the right place'.   Thanks in advance. 

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: FRANCISCAN WARE DESERT ROSE USA PIECES
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:10:36 pm »
Fancyideas  this site will help you find current prices they are on the high side but it will give you and idea. http://www.replacements.com    great pieces so far keep looking for that Limoges highly collectable & some pieces bring huge $$$$$$$$. ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:49:50 pm »
I would venture to ask if they are the "old" "original" Desert Rose (which collectors are after) or a newer one?

Desert Rose as introduced in 1941, (still produced today). It has been touted that Desert ose is the most popular American made dinnerware of all times - It has been in continuous production since the inception of the design (Franciscan Pottery is owned by Wedgewood).  I have an "original" full   my grandmother.  I will not get rich with $$$$$$$ but am blessed with a very nice $$$$ set and family history to pass on!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

FancyIdeas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
According to Replacements, Ltd:

Manufacturer Status: Discontinued Actual: 1941 - 1984
Pattern: DESERT ROSE (USA BACKSTAMP) by FRANCISCAN CHINA [FN DERO]   
Description: USA BACKSTAMP,PINK ROSES

I don't know what you mean by 'old' - but since these pieces are marked 'USA', and production was discontinued in 1984 in the USA, they can't be too new.  I remember my Mother using them when I was a small child - perhaps 60+/- years ago.  I don't know when she bought them, but I'm pretty sure it would have been before the 1950's.  I'll be glad to send photos if you're interested.