Author Topic: I need help finding info about a table  (Read 1775 times)

cav2006

• View Profile
I need help finding info about a table
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:45 pm »
I have a card table with 2 self storing leaves. It is wood (not sure what kind). If you pull out one of the legs the rest will open up. There is a torn paper underneath and all I can really read on it is F.B. Mfg. Co Hoboken NJ. There are also directions on how to open up the table. Can anyone help me with info regarding this table? Was told it is antique but couldn't find info for manufacturer on internet. Thanks!!

waywardangler

Re: I need help finding info about a table
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:42 pm »
Sounds like a handy card table to have.  Could you post some pics?  The members that visit this board really like visuals so they can see exactly what you are describing.  "A picture is worth a thousand words...or at least a hundred words."  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:04:11 pm »
Really need some pics or this could describe any number of tables!

Ferguson Bros. (The Ferguson Brothers Manufacturing Company made furniture in Hoboken, NJ from 1898 - 1953. They were family owned until being bought in 1953 by Sun-Glo Industries. At this time the company was moved west to Virginia.)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:29 pm »
 :) A little extra info. the self storeing leaves are known as ( Dutch pulls) very popular dureing the depression years.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:10 pm »
Thanks for adding on D&b.  So good to see you on here! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!