Author Topic: ? About a clock  (Read 2311 times)

wendy r

• View Profile
? About a clock
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:56:11 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about a clock I have. It is Diamond shaped (wood) it has a glass front on it with X11 for the numbers. It is brown/yellow crushed velvet inside. On the back of the clock it has a sticker that says "Wharton Studios" Rockford, Illinois. Theres a flap for the bottom half of the back that opens and wheres theres a place to put in the battery. I'm trying to find my camera to take pics. Thanks a BUNCH!
Wendy

wendy r

• View Profile
Re: ? About a clock
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »
I am trying to post pics but it keeps telling me my files to large...Ugh

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
I had the same problem.  Try uploading them to photobucket (it's free) then copy the IMG line into your post.  Detailed instructions are on the Sticky at the top of the forum.  Worked like a charm for me!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 09:33:08 pm »
Yay.. I got a photo bucket account :)    But now How do I get them on here? Everytime I go to the place to add pics it takes me to "my picutres"    :'(

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 03:16:27 am »
Wendy r, just do a "Save a Copy" of your photo(s) "for E-mail or Web", ..... with the size being "Medium Web View" and then Upload that copy(s).

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 05:19:12 am »
Hi,
If you have  media centre or similar on your pc, then just by cropping the pics by a fraction will reduce the size dramatically. I find that this is by far the easiest way to reduce the size of any photos, even easier than Picassa.
Good Luck
Mario

wendy r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:41:55 am »
Hope this works! Thanks everyone!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »
I have zero expertise in this area but my first thought on seeing the back that it was from the bicentenial (1976).  There is one for sale on ebay that isn't working: http://cgi.ebay.com/WHARTON-STUDIOS-ROCKFORD-ILLINOIS-CLOCK-NOT-WORKING-/230524359472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ac529330

I read the back of the ebay clock and it mentioned Mallory MN 1400 batteries.  I think they were from the last 60's early 70's - or so my google search indicates.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey