Author Topic: antique eletric stove  (Read 1377 times)

Beckyiscool87

• View Profile
antique eletric stove
« on: October 04, 2010, 07:52:14 am »
We have a 1950's General Electric stove.. model # IJ408N ... wondering if anyone could give me an idea how much it might be worth??? Called GE and they want it back bad.. thinking maybe someone else might want it more.. can anyone help?

waywardangler

Re: antique eletric stove
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:10:32 am »
Maybe they want it back because there was a recall on it years ago and are worried someone is still using it?  Just a thought.  Otherwise, if they want it back, their pockets are deeper than most private individuals, and may offer you more with less hassle.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 08:36:04 am »
Guess I am confused why GE would want it back bad.

When I google GE 1950 stove, plenty of them pop up!!!  Do agree about the recall and it needs to be checked for any problems with it...because of liability for you!

The ones in working order are for sale in ranges of $300 - $500....but there are quite a few and not moving well.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Omega Entity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:08:44 pm »
Or, maybe they want it back because it works -too- well... Maybe it's a tank of a machine, and it'll never die, leaving them out the cash you'd spend to replace a worse-made one that they turn out nowadays?  ;D