Author Topic: Emerson Jr. Fan  (Read 3852 times)

smiles1007

• View Profile
Emerson Jr. Fan
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:41:21 pm »
I remember as a little girl seeing this fan in my grandfather's room. I am 48years old. My grandfather died many years ago. It is a Emerson Jr. Fan 12 Oscillator 60 cycle 115 volts(4 blades) and its base made of cast iron & is very heavy. Does anyone have any other information on it? Thanks!

smiles1007

• View Profile
Emerson Jr. Fan
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 02:46:21 pm »
I remember as a little girl seeing this fan in my grandfather's room. I am 48years old. My grandfather died many years ago. It is a Emerson Jr. Fan 12 Oscillator 60 cycle 115 volts(4 blades) and its base made of cast iron & is very heavy. Does anyone have any other information on it? Thanks!

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Emerson Jr. Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:49:11 pm »
I saw a show once (Antiques roadshow maybe?) about fan collectors and in fact there is a site that has your fan listed.  This is a collectors site.
http://www.fancollectors.org/info/junior_history/junior.htm

The Red Badge Years
"This incarnation of the Emerson Junior was a styling update to the fans of the Seabreeze line from the 30s. It used the cloverleaf base and the stamped steel two bearing motor. It added new rounded almost overlapping blades, a bullet back, and a deco styled V cage. These fans came in 10" and 12" sizes. They were the first Juniors to have type numbers, 2660 and 2650. They also were the first Juniors to come in an assortment of metalic colors including bronze, and green."

They also have a forum and I'll bet someone there can give you a value if you are interested.
 http://afca.mywowbb.com/

The site is worth visiting if you are interested.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

smiles1007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will check the sites out!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:31:07 pm »
They have been selling for $15 to $30.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!