Author Topic: Hello everyone first question here?  (Read 2156 times)

jmf008

• View Profile
Hello everyone first question here?
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:04:58 pm »
i have a crystal set of 12 pillars ( not sure what they are used for). The box is black with royal blue lining inside. the box says willie & co with amsterdam directly below it. i cannot find the history of this company anywhere. unfortunately my cam is broken, as soon as its backup i will post a picture. the desighn almost  looks like a astrek star like this * with a diamond below it. any info even just about the company would be great. thanks so much look forward to speaking with all of you.

jmf008

• View Profile
here are the pictures...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:21:31 pm »
here are the pictures of the crystals

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: here are the pictures...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:19 pm »
See if there is a slot or groove along the longest length of the "pillar". If so, I think what you have there are place card holders. These hold a card with a person's name on it, which tells them where to sit at a fancy occasion, like a wedding. These do not look old enough to qualify as antique to me, but I'm not an expert so we should let the others respond on that.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:38 pm »
My first thought was along similar lines...  I was thinking pillars to hold up a tiered cake - as in a wedding cake.  Crystal may be too heavy for that (?)
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »
I believe what you have are Crystal Knife Rests  These would  be set to the right of each plate they propped up knives to keep the tablecloth immaculate. The key is finding info on the maker as to dating these and value.
 This is what I could find on the company ( it has been translated) lord ditch 93
1015 BE AMSTERDAM Welcome at Wille & Co. in Amsterdam. Wille & Co. is a shop in porcelain and earthenware. Beautiful and stylish serum-dirty buys you at Wille & Co. Also sells Wille & Co. in Amsterdam Article of crystal and glass.

You can think Co. in Amsterdam at the assortment of Wille & of wine-wijnglazen and cocktail party glazen, but Wille & Co. sell also goblets and dishes to earthenware. In Amsterdam you find many types crystal of best quality at Wille & Co. Wille & Co. has established on address lord ditch 93, in Amsterdam

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:37:54 pm by wendy177 »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
I agree with wendy these are knife rests

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 07:32:13 pm »
Ditto on the knife rests!
 :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »
Yepper they are crystal knife rests!  Nice set!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!