Author Topic: Antique Limoge ? Better Beehive mark  (Read 3395 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Antique Limoge ? Better Beehive mark
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:05:06 pm »
This is an antique piece of L4.o is 8imoge china. Can you tell me more about it. It's for my mother in law wh
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:28:28 am by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Antique Limoge ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:44:59 pm »
Very pretty piece you have there.  Is it possible to get a better pics of the hallmark on the bottom, Can't make it out and this will be key to finding out about your item.  Thanks for posting

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:25 pm »
Yup Ironlord is correct need clear photo of makers mark.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20:40 pm »
I spent the day with her and her friends. One is 97 and the other is ninety one. I have a lot of work to do. lol They didn't give me a great chance to take pictures. They don't get the importance.They want to go one piece to the next. Boy, I'm tired.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:53:39 pm by greenacres »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:30 pm »
Sorry greenacres but I still can not make out the mark    :-\  would need a clear photo & also a photo of the mark on the back of your portrait plate, really nice plate these can hold good value but need to determin maker. like ironlord said the makers marks are key.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »
The plate says Made in Austria. The other says French Limoge. I'll get the numbers on the bottom.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »
The reason my mother in law started with her antiques is because she may sell some. Her friend , Phyllis has a 100 yr old , or more, of French limoge china. The plates cups and dishes that she would like to sell. I'm not sure if ebay is the way to go? They were to funny. We did our own "Antique Roadshow" I don' know if they should sell them. My mother in law has tied up a lot of her money and needs hearing aids and she would rather just sell a few things. This picture is Phyllis Limoge.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »
   You sure have shown us some impressive pieces.   Some of these items could very much be worth $$$.00.   As For Ebay being the best place, Well I say if it is worth on $$.00 to low $$$.00, then it can be a good way to go, just remember value on ebay is sometimes half, and then with the still lingering Economy the value could go lower.   The last piece you have shown us I see the "Beehive" mark.  First this mark was used by the porcelain factories in Vienna area, starting from mid 1700's to mid 1800's  Then many variations of this mark was used mostly by 6 Factories in the europe area.  Just a bit of snooping in the books and the net, appears that could be Ackerman & Fritze, used 1908 to present.  Unless yours is a true early Beehive, then you are talking some serious $$$.00.  Beware of the Beehive many have been copied a fake, make sure it is Blue mark, under the glaze, always handpainted, thus not asymmetrical.   The other point to watch takes a bit of history of the mark.  This is a originally a shield, a variation of the coat of Arms of the Hapburg Family but people tended to see it upside down so became a "beehive".  So If any other marks are with it,  It would be turned as a shield and not a beehive.  I would for sure look into this last piece before selling for sure.  High end Auction house may be more of what you seek.   Still can't make out the marks on the other item.  Good mark pics some time takes lots of light a good camera and a steady hand.  Mostly Lots of light.  I will snoop a bit more on that last item, but we need to figure out if it is Vienna or Ackerman and etc. to really pinpoint this one. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:10 pm »
      After poking a bit more, I'm pretty sure it not a Early Vienna piece.  With the numbers next to the Beehive make is later.   Also most Vienna ones I have seen thus far on the net look much different in style.  As for Ackermann I did not find much that look like this either.  I has a Asian Imari style almost.   As for I saw on Ebay, prices was just over $100.00 for some pretty nice plates, not large platter, did not see any of them.  I sure saw all kinds of Beehive, and started seeing Fakes and the Different variations.  It would see lot of the posting said it had the Beehive but never posted a pic  ??? .   I can look a bit later, but I gave up dishes to do this much and the lady will be busting my limoges pretty soon  :o   You do have some wonderful items to look into Thanks

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 12:06:07 am »
Phyllis is 91 and has all the background for the peice. I think it was from her mother. I laughed with my husband because everything they have is an antique. My mother in law has a 97 yr old friend, and you should see what he has. We could start our own seniors show. lol I hope the last photo of the beehive is better.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 12:18:26 am »
This is Phyllis's father's shaving cup. I got a real kick out of this!