Author Topic: Anyone know about mirrors?  (Read 4637 times)

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know about mirrors?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:21 am »
Good Morning all... Thanks for all the posts and advice and I hope to plough through them soon .. Was a long working day yesterday and seems that today will be as bad ..   :(

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 04:48:03 am »
Hi All,

Before starting to tackle this myself I had one more search, and found this place up in Scotland which looked as if they might be able to do the job, so e-mailed them and asked. Got a reply this morning and they've quoted me £30 - £50 plus postage (c $45 - $75 + postage).
This might seem expensive as I only paid £28 for the mirror in the first place. But I plan to send it to them with instructions to do the work so long as it falls somewhere near the lower end of the estimate, which it should (I hope) or return it and it will only cost me the postage .. Also I hope that if they're actually holding onto it they may think that they might as well do it. So I could end up with a nice Edwardian, Chester hallmarked mirror for under $100... which doesn't sound so bad.  :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 02:30:35 pm »
Sounds good to me! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!