Author Topic: LBS Co Sheffield 995: Does any one know a date?  (Read 12634 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: LBS Co Sheffield 995: Does any one know a date?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:22 pm »
I really like it as well.  We all get a little worn in areas over time....adds character!!!  :)
AND some of us have a little more character than others!! LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 11:22:39 pm »
Yea I like the looks as is, Gives character and shows the age well.   Items are hard to sell with plate loss, but family and friends will love it on the table filled with Cranberries.  ;)

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 07:57:59 am »
Wayward... Thought you'd like to know I ended up going with an orangish bowl.  I found a piece of carnival looking glass yesterday at GW and it was translucent orange just like you suggested.  It looks good - doesn't fit well but looks great with the silver/copper - far better than the bright orange I had.

You were right  ;D

ETA:  Ha!!  Found it on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/MARIGOLD-CARNIVAL-BOWL-/250728523328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6095a640  Think I'm going to have to buy one with ruffles tho...  I'm a sucker for wavy glass!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:05:49 am by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 09:56:28 am »
Hey, great Oceans!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37:16 am »
LOL - Now that's my kind of shopping!! Thanks Sapphire   ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 09:31:21 pm »
@Oceans64: I'm with you on the wavy glass. It has such a different feel to it than modern glass, doesn't it? Impossible to describe, but it's a distinctly different feel when you hold rolled and pressed glass vs. molded. Love the stuff! Can you take a photo of the two pieces together just for fun? I love seeing everybody's cool stuff, LOL!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:05 pm »
Yeah..  Wavy glass is my fav - esp colored as it catches light so well.

Here is the glass I bought last minute at GW.  It's pretty enough but as you can see it doesn't sit well in the basket.  I think a wide wavy piece with a shallow bottom (like 2" or so) would look nice.  Am thinking I can display my Poupee in it but some of the glass I have seen is almost too pretty to cover up!!  LOL

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 08:47:12 pm »
WOW!! Looks absolutey gorgeous with all the colors in the glass! Will look great on your table!!
Antiqueaholic in recovery