Author Topic: Old rocker/ recliner chair  (Read 8958 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Old rocker/ recliner chair
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »
Which reminds me tales, I have mine apart and meant to take pics of the springs mechanism (which are in separate labeled bags now), as mine has single springs that are much smaller in circumference and incorporate a 'brake'.  You and wayward are much better at that darn patent search.....though I did manage to find (and forgot to bookmark) one similar.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 01:36:36 pm »
The springs pictured below look like the ones on mine however my springs are replacements.  You can see the old holes and the wood wear marks of the former springs.  Not sure when mine were replaced tho..
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 01:42:29 pm »
I never was able to find the patent documentation for mine. I just lucked out that the manufacturer put the patent date on the spring mechanism.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 02:19:04 pm »
I actually bookmarked the patent similar to mine! (will wonders never cease :D )

http://www.google.com/patents?id=qKJNAAAAEBAJ&printsec=drawing&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

At least this gives me something to go on to further the search.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 03:24:29 pm »
One of the things I missed in the title was "reclining" so others may be right that it will get a better price.  I'm still a skeptical about $300 for a chair with no historical provenance or unusual.  As much as I love old chairs, they are a dime a dozen and most are over priced on CL and eBay IMO but I could be wrong.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey