Author Topic: Looking for pattern name Edinburgh Crystal,,  (Read 1709 times)

mart

• View Profile
Looking for pattern name Edinburgh Crystal,,
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »
Bought this for a Christmas gift and would like to know the pattern name if anyone knows it .  Its a simple pattern but I have looked and cannot find it. I purchased it at a flea market here for $40. and it is a good price for a marked piece of Edinburgh. The small glasses are crystal but I have no idea what they were used for.  They hold less that half a shot so I am thinking possibly communion or babtism. The glasses are (i think) pressed and cut since they have eight places on each that feel cut rather than pressed and smooth edged.  There are six glasses.  Also got a Waterford bell but the seller said that she thought she might have the decanter still unpacked and I will trade the bell back to her for the decanter. I know the glasses do not match the tray but they still look good together,, and will look great if I can get that decanter.  Hope these pics are good enough to see. Couldnt find anything to put behind them so they would show up.  Any info appreciated.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Looking for pattern name Edinburgh Crystal,,
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:57:39 pm »
 Tray didn`t load. Will try again,,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:35 pm »
Confused, you said it is marked....how is it marked?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »
The tray is marked with the oval shaped way they marked the pieces "Made In Edinburgh Scotland". Their site dated it as the 1955 signature. There were many other signatures before and after but they marked many pieces this way so the site says. Its really more football shaped rather than oval But the words "Made In" is on top, "Edinburgh" is in script through the  middle. and "Scotland" is on the bottom. There are no marks on the glasses, just thought someone might know their use. I originally though cordial glasses but thats not it, they only hold a sip. And I mean literally ! When I got them home I had a glass in my hand and I thought it was chipped because it was so sharp, then I looked and all the glasses have the same tiny cuts, 4 on the top just below the band and 4 on the bottom.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 12:21:39 am »
IF it is that small it is a cordial glass most likely.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:26:37 am »
I looked at many on the Edinburgh site and none I found listed as cordial glasses were as small as these. I am not sure that these are Edinburgh as they are not marked.  Could be later pieces after it changed to Waterford. Many of those are not marked. They are heavy pieces for their size and unusual with the cut prisms.