Author Topic: Has anyone ever heard of Silver Sails Co.?  (Read 1455 times)

KathyN

Has anyone ever heard of Silver Sails Co.?
« on: May 07, 2004, 05:37:42 pm »
Hey can anyone help me with this one?  I am the owner of a cherry mahogany vanity, matching mirror and chair.  There is no where on the vanity or mirror that gives me any clue to where it was made or how it came about.  My Grandma gave it to me and it was her mother's.  So they bought it in the 40's or earlier she is not sure.  The chair has a stamp on it from the Silver Sails Co.  on diversy in chicago Il.  Can anyone tell me where I can get info on this piece, I am curious to the history.  I would never sell it cause it will be my daughters some day.  Thanks alot everyone.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 07:14:58 am »
:o Well kathy there was a company, working out of england by that name. circa 1930's- 1950's. but the clincher is there was a cab company working the chicago area. about the same time.with the same name. which would lead me to believe it may have belonged to them? :huh:  

KathyN

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 10:05:28 am »
I wrote the name wrong.  When we went to pick it up this weekend, I noticed that it was the Silver Sales Co. not the way that i spelled it.  Does that have any bearing on the information that you have found.  Where can I go to find out more about this piece of furniture?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 03:11:15 pm »
;) well the correct spelling, eliminated the cab co. but not the furniture co in england. but that's all the info I have. :(