Author Topic: Any info appreciated on this 'vintage' 25 year old...  (Read 5238 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Any info appreciated on this 'vintage' 25 year old...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 08:18:30 pm »
Cool mirror!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:22 am »
Very nice...  Glad you had a fun day!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »
Thanks guys, I did have a very fun day. Here's a pic of my mirror, pretty much the same thing as the ebay one, except some silvering loss to the mirror on mine. I also picked up two cylinder phonograph reproducers in the original boxes for $30. I will re-sell them, one with a box is worth much more than the $30 I paid for both. They gave me a 1920's-ish snuff bottle full of snuff with cool stickers on it for my birthday. I like the look of it because the label is the same logo that has been used since the 1700's, so it looks older than it actually is. ;)

I found a great early 1900's oak office chair at the Goodwill. Had a bunch of cast iron underneath and the original leather. It was great but they wanted $70 for it. It had big ugly new plastic wheels on it, so to me it wasn't worth that much. I see them on CL in similar shape for $60 with original wheels. They weren't willing to take less so I passed it up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:39:13 am by hosman321 »

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 01:15:55 am »
Nice mirror, Hosman, and looks like you had a fruitful day. You're also quite canny in not going for that chair and walking away. It makes you feel quite pleased with yourself if you can be that objective, and is kinder to your purse.  ;)
I walked away from two pieces on Sunday, the two vases my wife had liked, only because of the condition. Then quite a nice clock, originally priced at £85 and they came down to £60. I told them that in my opinion it was worth (to me) £45 - £50 because of the work needed, but they weren't prepared to come down any more. It worked well, sounded sweet, and the case was in pretty good condition as it was an 1890s piece, but the dial was in a terrible state and it would still require a complete dismantle and clean. It'll probably be there next week, and the week after, so it's not yet lost if I change my mind. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 03:05:39 pm »
REALLY LIKE THE MIRROR!  Have to look for one for one of my daughters.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 01:24:11 am »
Pretty cool, I sold the broken and untested phonograph reproducer for $62.00 on ebay. I didn't realize it was broken when I bought it. I only paid $30 for both. I think I will keep the non-broken one as a backup because if I need one in the future, I won't want to spend $100+ to replace it. As time goes on, they will be harder and harder to find. Plus, it plays extremely loud and clear so I don't want to give it up. :P