Author Topic: Just a little shipping tip for ebay sellers,  (Read 2487 times)

mart

• View Profile
Just a little shipping tip for ebay sellers,
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:53 pm »
I have heard some of you talking about the cost of packing materials when you sell an item, and thought I would tell you what I use. I know that we all reuse when possible but for years  I have been using the plastic shopping bags from the market and Walmart ect.  We all get them each time we buy groceries so the price is right and they weigh practically nothing. I use them for all glass items and have never had one to be broken. No matter how rough the post office gets. Its something you might try .

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Just a little shipping tip for ebay sellers,
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »
Great tip! I have just recently started using them on a few packages. But I buy so many items online that I have packing materials in piles! Grocery bags are great, you can roll them up into little balls and use a bit of tape to keep them in that shape. Great for waterproofing, too.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:26 pm »
Yes, and sometimes we need waterproofing. I have had several packages arrive here wet. I have never had anything damaged on arrival when using these. If the object has a hollow place I just stuff them inside so they are supported inside and out.   I put one layer of bubble wrap around then pack it in the plastic bags.  Guess that makes us "green" since we are reusing something that would have went to a landfill.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:42:42 pm »
I try very hard to remember my reusable shopping bags when I go to the store but I forget them more than I take them.  :-\

CaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:00:12 am »
I don't have a newspaper subscription but I do grab the free local coupon and newspapers that some cities have. I use these as packing material. I also try to save the bubble wraps and air packs that come with stuff I buy.
What's the best shipping service for shipping antiques I sell and buy online?

waywardangler

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:43:55 pm »
I reuse boxes, bubble wrap, air bags, sheet styrofoam, peanuts, newspaper, etc.  I basically reuse any packing that comes in the mail that isn't damaged. Crushed boxes or boxes with crushed corners are put in the garbage.