Author Topic: FYI - I Know this doesn't have to do with antiques....  (Read 8353 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: FYI - I Know this doesn't have to do with antiques....
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 10:21:19 am »
Talesof....I am deeply touched!  Will contact you later on this. 

Going to parent's to get their home in order and get their car outta the shop (put it in to get things in shape while they were gone).  Dad just called and they are in Atlanta - will be picking them up this afternoon.  He sounded GREAT!  They are exhausted and will crash/burn once they get off their adrenaline high after I get them home!

They are really active and look alot younger than their age (mid 80's).  I am so blessed to have them!

Again, thank you everyone for your prayers/thoughts/support.  Please keep Egypt in your prayers...and that bus load of people that are still unaccounted for.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 11:15:21 am »
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D YAY!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
Here's updated news on the state of the artifacts at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/28/5943271-tuts-treasures-rescued-from-looters

and from Dr. Hawass' Web site:

http://www.drhawass.com/blog/situation-egyptian-antiquities-today

Antiqueaholic in recovery

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 06:56:15 pm »
 So glad kc! Big hugs are in order when you see them! And that is so beyond infuriating tales, I don't even know what to say. Ancient Egyptian artifacts and mummies are world treasures and the rest of the world has a duty to help protect them  >:(

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »
Oh KC, that's wonderful news! You must be relieved beyond belief. I'm so glad they made it back state side safely and will soon be comfy in their own home. Prayers still go out for those who haven't been as fortunate.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:26 pm »
WOW KC - I am sooooooooo glad your folks are out safe.  It's getting very very bad.  Any news on that bus?  I keep thinking (and praying) about them... 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »
Hi all!  Haven't heard anything about the bus yet but my folks are going to be talking with some of the other folks that are just now getting out of TelAviv and heading home now!  I was very fortunate to finagle them a flight out that same day.  The lines to use a computer in TelAviv are hours and hours long and most of the time down due to overload.  It was much better me getting the flight from here!

I did find out that the group was French and that the rebels threw down a baracade so the bus couldn't keep driving then threw one behind it and boxed them in!  So sad!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!