Author Topic: Real or Fake? Barrington General Eisenhower Mug  (Read 9648 times)

waywardangler

Re: Real or Fake? Barrington General Eisenhower Mug
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 10:39:56 am »
Everyone needs to make a little money now and then. I flip stuff all the time and if I saw one of these cheap, I would be looking to make some $ in short order because the character mugs do not appeal to me.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »
Agree that many people, including myself, have bought to flip...good business opportunities out there all the time.  Just was wondering......
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

chris81106

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:00 am »
I was debating whether or not I was going to buy those mugs when I posted on that forum. I missed the purchase because the bidding was just way too high and to many shill bidder where involved. I don't want to flip any of these. Although, my wife wants me to sell one of them. I really don't want to even if I find out that one is fake. But, just in case I don't want to sell the fake one. I have started to to look hard for these character mugs and have found many by many different brands. Yet, no one knows anything about Barrington.

The more I look the more I am starting to get into these mugs/jugs. Although, I don't care for many of the Royal Doulton mugs unless they are of real people. I also don't care for the smalls either. I like the large 6 to 8 inch tall mugs.

Thanks for any help!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »
I Although, my wife wants me to sell one of them. I really don't want to even if I find out that one is fake. But, just in case I don't want to sell the fake one.

Hi  Chris,

That is very noble of you, however, and I'm not sure whether the others would agree with me, but unless you know for certain, or have a strong suspicion that something is a fake, then list it with a clear conscience as an original. If it is a fake then one of the hawkeye collectors out there might just spot it and let you know. JMO  :)