Author Topic: Antique wagon?  (Read 5256 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique wagon?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 12:28:23 pm »
Just a suggestion, antique means 100 years old or more.  I wouldn't put that it is antique...but it is most likely vintage (50 years or more).

Buyers can come back and demand money back....especially if they search and find that you have gotten this information on this site. (Foreknowledge).
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »
Something that might help determine the age of this cart- Is there any way to actually hitch an animal's harness to the cart yoke/handle, or is it likely designed to be pulled by hand? Looking at the modern Amish one above, I don't see how the harness could be attached. I'm guessing that maybe this is intended for decor or to be pulled by hand but is reminiscent of goat carts? Maybe someone else can comment on how you would hitch a goat to it?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:07 pm »
I do like the hub/wheel construction on the item in question , suggesting to me that both a cooper/smith skills were used to construct them .
Sure seems like this do-dad of yours was designed to be a workin' unit .

Single & double hitch goat carts in images below (seems like yours is a dbl) .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »
Thank you all for your imput, my hubbys says this is a working wagon/cart.....I know nothing about the underside,but that is what he went right for....... I would love to own it,but already there is a buyer, I sure do appreciate all the input ,pics and information....... I love this site