Author Topic: Honeybee Pot – ID please?  (Read 2216 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Honeybee Pot – ID please?
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:06:07 pm »
I am not sure if that is the correct name for this piece in that I have never found a reference to it.

There is a vaguely similar piece pictured on Page 106 of Bill Edwards book, “Carnival Glass – Revised 2nd Edition”.

It looks to me to be Carnival glass but I am no expert. 

The lid has 2 Bees and 1 slot for the spoon/dipper handle

The Honeybee Pot’s dimensions are:  4 1/2 in. high  -  3 1/2 in. in diameter.

Any info would be much appreciated

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Honeybee Pot – ID please?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:16:48 pm »
Beautiful example of Carnival glass in the perfect shade of  Merigold   I would say produced by Dunbar. Going out but will dig for answers when I get home!!
 Cogar absolutely adorable!!!!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »
I don't know anything about these but I have to say it is adorable!! 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:47:05 pm »
OK Just got home   your piece was produced by jeannette. It is referenced as  7/P-bee hive jar and cover 4 1/4" high and was produced in 1958 - 1959 in shell pink milk glass, This is your exact mold but not your color. My reference states Like all companies
Jeannette ran occasional color trials from time to time and you may find isolated pieces in a color uncommon to it. I believe this is what you have a trial color of a piece that was produced for only one year & in shell pink milk glass for that year.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/shell-pink-milk-glass-beehive-honey-pot-jar-with
beautiful and a great find!!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:50:18 pm by wendy177 »

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:04 am »
Well done, Wendy ... But why on earth did she opt for Shell Pink, for a honey pot?? Cogar's colour is far more apt for honey, and maybe kinder to the eye at the breakfast table

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 01:54:03 am »
OH WOW, ...... thanks Wendy,  ;D ;D ....... the wife has been looking for the correct names for that little beauty for quite some time now.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:28:55 am »
That is a really cool honey pot cogar! The color is ideal for honey, I think with that color it could go on any table with any place setting. VERY neat find!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:06 am »
That is a really cool honey pot cogar! The color is ideal for honey, I think with that color it could go on any table with any place setting. VERY neat find!

That makes two of us who like the colour ... maybe they didn't have market  research back then!  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:38:48 am »
My grandmother had one just like it...the golden version!  Totally forgot about it until I saw this...believe my cousin got it when the estate was settled!  One of life's treasures!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!