Author Topic: Oak Crest Roll-top desk help  (Read 12729 times)

waywardangler

Re: Oak Crest Roll-top desk help
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:31:57 am »
I don't know anything historically about the use of drawer slides. I think this is a very nice desk. I have always loved rolltops. I have one I bought 26 years ago and while not in furniture fashion favor, I still like it and use it. Fashions come and go but my brain remains fixed in the past. I still think like I am 20 but my body tells me otherwise.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 07:36:40 am »
Fashions come and go but my brain remains fixed in the past. I still think like I am 20 but my body tells me otherwise.

Seems to be alot of that going around here (on both counts)  ;)

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:06 am »
I guess I'm in the opposite boat. I think like I'm 50 but I'm really in my 20's. Glad to have this forum full of like-minded, great people. Nobody my age understands why I like "old junky stuff."  :-\

waywardangler

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:45 am »
Hosman, you are just ahead of the times. People your age should really be jumping on the antique bandwagon because there is nothing greener than reusing and recycling antiques. And usually, older furniture is much, much better built than the IKEA or particle board stuff. Just wait until your body age passes your brain thinking age and you will know what the rest of us are talking about.