Poll

does anybody know the origin of this item it belonged to my grandmother1930s

antique wardrobe
0 (0%)
3 doors mirrored
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Antique mahagony 3 door wardrobe  (Read 1200 times)

Aquarius

• View Profile
Antique mahagony 3 door wardrobe
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:12:07 pm »
this wardrobe belonged to my grandmother 150 yrs ago probably her wedding bedroom set It is in very good condition,and can be divided in 3 parts It was valued by a local expert 500€

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Antique mahagony 3 door wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:24:44 am »
It belonged to your grandmother 150 years ago? Or do you mean that it belonged to your grandmother and is a 150 years old?

That seems like a very good price. Did the appraiser give you any idea of origin? That again looks like so many French/Italian pieces that I've seen.

Aquarius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:31:07 am »
It belonged to your grandmother 150 years ago? Or do you mean that it belonged to your grandmother and is a 150 years old?

That seems like a very good price. Did the appraiser give you any idea of origin? That again looks like so many French/Italian pieces that I've seen.

I am sorry my father would be 96 today so the piece is about 100 yrs i will ask the appraisal more details,but t is dirty now but in its original state and very well preserved,we put a lot of antique furniture in farmhouses in sunny malta

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
This is a 3 section/piece wardrobe?  Very unusual to see them as separate pieces. 

http://www.instappraisal.com/antique-appraisal/antique-3-door-mahagony-wardrobe
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:36:14 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!