Author Topic: Who's responsible?  (Read 16849 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Who's responsible?
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 02:37:43 pm »
Crisis averted, it came today.  ;) Package was really beat up, maybe it got lost somewhere for a few days. My favorite man carrier brought it. For the first few years we lived here, he was the only carrier that would bring packages to us. All the others would just keep driving past our house and take them back to the post office. Now that was frustrating. Especially since pick up times at our post office are between 6am and 7am only. I would have to fight with the post office just to get my packages. I really need to write him a good review.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2011, 03:50:15 pm »
I'm ready to scream. All of the calls and complaints and talking to supervisors still hasn't worked. A very important package ($90.00 worth of supplements for my new Bengal cat) was not delivered to me today but the tracking number says it was. I absolutely have to have them before the cat gets here. How is an address so hard to read? Especially if you have been told several times that you are delivering to the wrong house. This girl needs to lose her job, she is clearly incompetent with carrying people's important packages. I hope it went to the same man again, but I am sure he is tired of delivering packages and not getting paid for it. This is the fourth package. Sorry for the rant, but in her job, mistakes are more important than other jobs.  >:( 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:54:08 pm by hosman321 »

waywardangler

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:49 pm »
Hosman, this now deserves a call to your Postmaster or a personal visit to your Postmaster. Skip the supervisors because they are not correcting anything. This is just absolutely ridiculous.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2011, 05:19:04 pm »
I agree. Time to get tough. There's no excuse at this point.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2011, 05:40:15 pm »
Do you know the name of the carrier who actually knows where you live and has delivered to you?  You could ask the postmaster WHY he doesn't seem to have a problem finding you and delivering your parcels into correct hands, where as the clueless wonder appears not to be able to even find her own a$$ with both hands.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »
Oh my gosh, my husband called them and they didn't even care. They keep acting like we are being pests when we ask what is happening. The man carrier is so nice and finds us just fine. It's not like we are difficult to find. We aren't out in the woods or anything. It's just that new girl. I'm going to email usps tonight. It's frustrating when they treat us like we are the ones who are wrong.  >:(

waywardangler

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 06:13:41 pm »
Hosman, have you called this number 1-800-275-8777 (open until 8:30 PM ET M-F) and filed a complaint with USPS Consumer Affairs? I am sure there are voice prompts but you will get a live person on the phone during weekday hours and also Sat and Sun but not sure of the hours. Post Offices hate (and I mean hate) to get a call from USPS Consumer Affairs because then they do have to follow up on the problem ( I had to do some explaining when I worked there to clear up some complaints). I am not sure if email will work but it may.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:08 am »
Ok, maybe someone can explain this to me because I am confused. After complaining about that package, I clicked on the tracking number again later in the day and everything was changed. When it started out, it was a usps package that said it was delivered to me. Then, it was a fedex package. I received it, now it says it was both? Do fedex and usps work together? How did the info change?
I'm guessing someone went in manually and changed it? I have received fedex here plenty of times, so they do deliver to me.
Tracking number
9102927000778301119 881

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:41:47 am by hosman321 »

waywardangler

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 06:55:51 am »
It appears it was a drop shipment (you say Fedex) to the Post Office that arrived on April 2 and then they sent it out for delivery. Package Services is parcel post or something other than Priority/First Class. Both Fedex and UPS drop packages to the USPS and then the USPS completes delivery. Quite common.

Fedex also has the air contract for USPS Priority mail because they have the planes, the space, and they won the bid. The only problem is if the Fedex plane is full of Fedex cargo then the USPS stuff is bumped to another less loaded plane, delaying delivery.

findit

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:33 am »
Guess PayPal will decide that.
Maybe shows how the unions really are a bad idea for America if this is the kind of work they do (not).
Paid for a service, then expect others to cover their behinds when they drop the ball.

Id say its more of an example of how replacing experienced workers with cheaper novices does not always pay off.

waywardangler

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:58 am »
And it is only going to get worse as more Boomers retire because the knowledge and experience goes with them.