Author Topic: Value?: Kunstabteilung Hutschenreuther  (Read 2924 times)

Dunno

• View Profile
Value?: Kunstabteilung Hutschenreuther
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:59:57 am »
Hi,i am new here.I just joined becasue i'd like to ask if anyone would have an idea of the value of a G.Granget,kunstabteilung hutschenreuther rearing stallion?(which i got for £5 at a car boot sale!)I managed to find one sold on the german ebay and it went for roughly $242.00 .I am not sure of the date it was sold.I'd just like to know if anyone has an idea of valuation now?Any info much appreciated.Thanks

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Value?: Kunstabteilung Hutschenreuther
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 04:43:10 am »
Welcome

Can you post any pictures, including any of the base showing the base stamp? Also report on teh condition?

Is yours the same as this one which is on offer for 300 Euros?

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:46:05 am »
This one sold on Ebay on 8 March 2011 for $43.99  !

Seems the prices  vary quite a bit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190506120592&clk_rvr_id=234190640196

Another here for 180Euros

http://www.internet-shop-pfalz.de/antiquitaeten/porzellan/459-hutschenreuther-steigender-hengst-weissporzellan-g-granget.html

But you need to bear in mind that only one of these three has been sold, the one for $43.99

Whatever ... £5 sounds like a bit of a bargain.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:17:56 am by mariok54 »

waywardangler

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:27:16 am »
The value would be what it sells for and not what a previous sold price was or what a book says. Prices in today's market fluctuate wildly depending on who is bidding at that point in time, demand, condition, color, pose, maker, age, etc. If you paid 5 pounds and you sell it for 15 pounds, you have made a tidy sum (less fees of course). However, you do have the possibility of it selling for much more, in which case you will have reaped huge profits and elevated you to the status of big oil company profits.

If I could double my money on everything I buy and sell, I would be set for income for life because the money would never run out. However, some things I cannot part with (yet), some things never sell, others are lucky to break even, and the bad ones are losses. The hunt, however, is priceless and fun.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:07 am »
Prices also vary greatly between what it would sell for in the UK and what it would sell for here in the U.S. !!  Different tastes in collectables I guess !!

Dunno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:42 am »
Thanks all.The one i have is the same as the one in your picture but its completely white,so it is exactly the same as the horse in your second link.It is in perfect condition(as far as i can see)no scratches,breaks or anything.The sticker on the base says kunstabteilung and has a number written on it i cant read.Also printed on the base in green ink is a mark with a lion and the words,kunstabteilung,hutschenreuther LHS,and engraved on the base it says G.Granget.Unfortuna tley i cant upload pics.I thought maybe there was an overall price you could put on it,but obviously not!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:19:47 am by Dunno »

Dunno

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:12:48 am »
I have to say,about that first link of a rearing horse,mine doesnt look like that.That one almost looks fake,and it isnt as detailed as the one iv got(or the one in the second link which is the same as mine).

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:28:11 am »
Hi Dunno,

Unfortunately I'm not an appraiser, and I don't think that anyone else is on this forum, we're just like you, curious.... but there is an awful lot of knowledge stored in some of those heads out there. The best that we can do is to give a rough idea based either upon from what we know or what we can find out through research.  Without photos it's a bit like taking a shot in the dark.

Dunno

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 02:00:58 pm »
Ok,thanks.Well basically,this is the horse i have.Mine is exactly the same as this one,same height as well.Unfortunatley i cant put up pics at the moment,but i will see if i can,maybe tomorrow.Also,in case your wondering why im on an american forum,i couldnt find a good UK one!

http://www.internet-shop-pfalz.de/antiquitaeten/porzellan/459-hutschenreuther-steigender-hengst-weissporzellan-g-granget.html

P.S. thanks for the link^
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:05:41 pm by Dunno »

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »
Dunno said...
Also,in case your wondering why im on an american forum,i couldnt find a good UK one!

Mario wonders that all the time.  ;D Actually, this is an international forum and there are members from many different countries including the UK, right, mario?

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 12:18:40 am »
Spot on, Wayward!
... and I seem to spend my entire life wondering  :D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:07 am »
And...some of us are mentally "out of this world".....so, it doesn't matter what country you are in!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!