Author Topic: Old Family China Hutch  (Read 7033 times)

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Old Family China Hutch
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:50 pm »
Judging by their condition report, I would be surprised if they got even the $800 for it in this climate.... certainly over here (I know I keep on saying that brown furniture is just not in vogue over here, but it is true, and there is far too much of it for the numbers of people who still want it ... like us ... really a question of supply and demand) ... so maybe the price would come down even more after a few attempts to sell.... But your mind has to overrule the heart at times, especially if there are $$$$ involved

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 03:06:03 pm »
The locking mechanism looks just like mine made in the later 1800's...but mine are from France.  I was wondering about the style as well......it hits me as French.....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »
Yeah, if I had really loved it, I would have bought it without hesitation. I just couldn't seem to muster any feelings for it, despite it being a family piece. So I decided it would be best if they try to find someone who will really love and admire it. I just wasn't the right person for it.
Antiqueaholic in recovery