Author Topic: Antique sled?  (Read 4995 times)

GuitarDTC

• View Profile

smile4katie

• My living Antique :)
    • View Profile
Re: Antique sled?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 06:10:42 pm »
You have a Kalamazoo Champion Sled vintage 1950-60  I have seen them in nice condition for around $75. This is a fun one to spiff up and use!

One way you can tell an old sled is the back of the rails, they used to be straight until companies realized that they needed to curve around for safety.

GuitarDTC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »
How would i go about restoring the sled? Would it be worth it?

smile4katie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »
It really wouldn't be worth it to restore it unless it is for a personal reason, money wise you'll spend more than it's worth. But to redo it, make it super cool and use it would be awesome! You'll never go down a hill faster than you will on rails! It's the getting back up the hill that's a B.... :)

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:51 am »
Sleds like this are commonly used for decorations especially in the winter and can be found anywhere from $5 and up. Desirable graphics increase the $ return. Some of the more aerodynamic shaped ones like a rocket ship style bring some nice money. I still have my old Flexible Flyer in the garage rafters. I last used it when my daughters were young (about 15 years ago) and as smile4katie says "You'll never go down a hill faster than you will on rails! It's the getting back up the hill that's a B...." Truer words were never spoken.

smile4katie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:19:06 am »
Wayward I have a Flexable Flyer Airline Racer 60" in wonderful condition! Had a guy offer me quite a bit for it but I love it. I used to ride it before I had children but I refused to lug that sucker for the kids :) bad mommy!! hee hee To see the teenagers on the hill as I went flying past them was a riot!