Author Topic: Royal Crown Staffordshire Eng Pedistal Cake Plate & Server  (Read 3399 times)

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
I am so frustrated.......I have been searching for weeks with no luck on my mystery piece. I found a beautiful piece of china I absolutely love. I am wanting more information on it and I can't seem to find ANYTHING! It is a 10" round pedestal cake/pie plate that stands 3" tall and has a matching cake/pie server. It says on the bottom......Royal Crown Staffordshire England. It has Purple Violets, Swirl Rim with Gold trim. I have found tons of Crown Staffordshire Eng China but no "Royal Crown" with this particular pattern, nor have I found the cake plate or anything that would lead to it. Thank you for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
Re: Royal Crown Staffordshire Eng Pedistal Cake Plate & Server
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:02:24 am »
Here is a picture from above

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:06:20 am »
That backstamp looks like it could be 1930s onwards, but very difficult to tell. Any chance of a clearer shot of it, also a pic of the item?

You were posting as I was writing..... thanks

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:51 am »
here is a photo from the side

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:38 am »
Sorry I was having a difficult time posting the pictures. I will try to get a better picture up of the backstamp. Thank you so much for your help. You might keep me from going crazy. This is wearing me out! hahaha

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:37:43 am »
Here is a clear picture of the stamp which is located on the bottom of the cake plate and server. Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
Have you checked at replacements.com ??  They may have something in that pattern !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:51:06 pm »
Royal Stafford Sweet Violets  ;)

http://www.edish.com/webquote/ROSSWV.htm

As for date ??   ::)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:29:50 pm »
    Prettty Cup, I have come across a number of Royal Crown items.  I have had little luck pin pointing the company.  First I pretty sure Royal crown, is not the same as Royal Crown Derby.  Even though both are based in Staffordshire.  I have found reference to Royal Crown Items from many countries, Japan, China, even the US.  My best guess thus far on Crown Royal items it is a Large Export Company, and uses the much popular Crown Logo, and many get it confused with Royal Crown Derby, which are very collectible and hold moderate Value.  Also don't get it confused with a Crown Staffordshire either.   With the Reg. mark also included on the back stamp, would Likely date this to within the last 30 years.  Oh also I have found one reference to the Company in one of my book, if I remember right it said something like they made Porcelain between 1952 to 1957 I think, it's Location was not staffordshire.  Just though I would give you a few thought on my looking for the Crown Royal Hallmark.  Over all you have what I call a Fancy Cup, which hold value just from the overall looks.  You have Plain Cups. Fancy Cup, and Extra Fancy.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:48 am »
     First I pretty sure Royal crown, is not the same as Royal Crown Derby.  Even though both are based in Staffordshire. I  Also don't get it confused with a Crown Staffordshire either.   

;D  Hi Ironlord, I can confirm that Royal Crown Derby is not in Staffordshire ... But Derbyshire... In fact, it is located slap bang in the middle of Derby city.  :D
Staffordshire is the neighbouring county... and the problem with Staffordshire pottery is that it was the heartland of so many different potteries *hence that area being nicknamed 'The Potteries' ... with some very famous names based there. But Judging by Lakeguyswife's photos of the underside it is Royal Crown Staffordshire, but I can't quite pin down that particular date stamp yet. I think the cup photo is just an example that Sapphire found  .. and well found Sapphire.. I was trying to identify those flowers, but couldn't make them out from the original pics.

lakeguyswife213

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 01:33:27 pm »
Wow thank you all so very much. This is very interesting, somewhat frustrating but very fun with all your help. Yes, I have looked at Replacements.com with no luck as well as what seems to be a million other places on the net. :) Keep the information coming if anyone comes across anything new! Thank You! :)