Author Topic: porcelain head pieces, any idea??  (Read 2124 times)

drododdsnends

• View Profile
porcelain head pieces, any idea??
« on: June 05, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »
These are a few items my grandparents have decided to give me because I am getting into antiques and learning about them. It is a sort of start to my collection. But I do not know much about them yet. I have purchased a few books and have began reading and cramming knowledge, But I would appreciate it if I could get any info on these few items, such as origin, value, age? They do have some stickers on the bottom still somewhat legible, and I have taken pictures of them as well. Thanks so much in advance guys!!

This is some sort of Flower porcelain piece. Says made in Italy.

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!

waywardangler

Re: porcelain head pieces, any idea??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:53:14 pm »
The head vases in the first pic are highly collectible and sought after. $50 and up (usually $100 and up but not sure of today's market). Condition is everything and any chips, cracks, etc. greatly devalue the vase. The House on The Rock in Spring Green, WI has a nice display of them. My wife has a few but is not a serious collector of them because of the prices asked.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »
Totally agree.  We have a large collection...if in perfect condition (and the larger ones because they did make minis) $85+...mostly NAPCO and if they are dated!!!  Higher if they are well knowns like Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Marilyn Monroe, etc.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:27:58 pm »
That is so awesome to hear!!! my grandmother is smiling ear to ear with that news. Any idea about the flower?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:11:51 pm »
This isn't your "original" capodimonte that you hear of everyone collecting....this one was made within the past 50 years at least.  They shiny glazed sell for $5 - $9.....the ones like your sell for $12 - $25 depending upon customer demand (if in perfect shape).
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »
Thanks so much for your knowledge!!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
I have sold several lady head vases and they can be pricey. Mini`s usually about $10. although I have had a couple go to $35.  Larger ones unmarked $30. and up !!  Marked can go much higher !!  Napco is most common but makers such as Shawnee also made them. You can look at ebay for an idea of current value !!  Just look at the final selling price,,, not the starting price !!

waywardangler

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »
Yes, look at "completed auction" prices and not Buy It Now asking prices. You want to know what items sell for and not what people ask for them.

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »
I see them selling anywhere between $10-$100 on completed listings! some unsold Buy It Now listings. I just love them, especially since my grandparents are giving them to me.

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »
They are neat and there are many, many different ones and sizes. A large collection of these, if you ever see one, is impressive.  Yours appear to be quite nice and all from the same years judging by their look.

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »
Thank you very much, They are in awesome condition, no chips or cracks with exception with 2nd one in the photo, the right eyelash has broken off, but other then that they are Near Mint. Thanks so much for your info!!!