Author Topic: Need Help To Identify  (Read 897 times)

Dave3031

• View Profile
Need Help To Identify
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »
Hello All:

I just bought a house "As-Is; Furniture Included" and a lot of the stuff is everyday, run of the mill type furniture but this Dining Table and Chairs and Breakfront caught my eye the moment I walked in the front door and I am trying to identify it and get any information that may be available on these two items.  Please refer to the two photos I have attached.

I do know a little bit about fine furniture from my parents and from traveling and living all over the world primarily when I was young and my Father was in the U.S. Army.  From what I can tell, these pieces appear to be Oriental possibly Japanese or Chinese.  They appear to be handmade with tongue and groove joints in some areas of the construction.  I think the wood is either Mahogany or Teak and it is solid wood and not a pressed or laminated construction.  The photos may not show as well as I hoped they would but the detail and inlays appear to be handcrafted and hand painted.  The hinges and closures on the Break Front appear to be Brass and very ornate.  The glass in the Break Front is beveled and appears to be possibly Lead Crystal.

If anyone here recognizes these pieces and can give me additional information I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Need Help To Identify
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:31:14 am »
Have you looked at the back of the hutch or the bottom of chairs and table ?? Cant see anything well enough to tell much !! Chairs are not very old probably 70`s or so as the cane panels on them are sheet style not hand done !! I think that is about when the set dates to !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help To Identify
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:15:25 pm »
Agree!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!