Author Topic: Atlantic Swan Candy dishes?  (Read 1583 times)

agreeneyes

Atlantic Swan Candy dishes?
« on: June 10, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »
These are 3 very nice small swan dishes or bowls.  I'm not sure what this size would be used for, possibly candy dishes?  They seem older because they do show crazing.  Two have more crazing the other so I'm not sure if it's a replacement piece or not.  The Atlantic pieces I found during my research all say Atlantic mold.  These just say Atlantic with a c inside of a circle representing copywrite I believe.

They measure 2 3/4 inches tall, 4 inches long from head to tail and 2 inches wide.  Does anyone know what the difference would be from Atlantic mold to just Atlantic and because these don't state mold are they newer or older.  If someone knows the age of these and  what these would be used for and possibly a value if any I'd really appreciate it, thank you
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:20:38 pm by agreeneyes »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlantic Swan Candy dishes?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »
My grandmother had one in each bathroom with the little decorative soaps in them!  So, we have one of them in our bath with small decorative soaps!  LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:06 am »
So you think they are a small soap dish or that's just what she used them for?.  If they were your grandmothers would these possibly date 1950's or earlier.  Do you possibly know what the value today of all three would be? I appreciate your information, thank you

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 02:42:59 pm »
Perfume used to come in a similar container. The swan held the bottle !! That was 50`s or so !! How is the inside of the swan shaped where the candy would be ?? I would say they could be mint cups !!

agreeneyes

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »
I thought mint cups also.  So you think these date possibly 1950's?  Also do you know the difference if says Atlantic rather than Atlantic mold? I was thinking because these are small maybe the wording mold wouldn't fit on them, it's just a guess.  Thank you

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 10:33:40 am »
Glass manufacturers revise their mark frequently. Possibly there was another similar name and they changed theirs so the two would not clash !! Also the company may have changed owners and kept the name. New owners just shortened it a bit but kept the part that was most recognizable rather than start over with a totally new name !! Or that would be my guess !!

agreeneyes

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:43 am »
thank you

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »
Swan dishes were the rage in the late 50's to 60's. 

Believe it was a decorative piece....but I mostly saw them as soap dishes.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »
They seem small to be soap dishes but there were probably small decorative soaps back then to fill them with, thank you

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:40 am »
Oh yes....small decorative/molded soaps!

agreeneyes

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 11:47:55 am »
Do you possibly know the value of these three today might be.  There probably isn't much demand for them, thank you